No Bake Cookies

The other day my friend Jared asked if I knew how to make No Bake Cookies. That's another one of those easy things that I've never really tried. That might be a partial lie... I tried one time but I was like 20... now I'm 33 (I think, I can't ever remember my age, just my birthday).

A while back a girl I went to high school with posted pictures of No Bakes on Facebook and someone asked for the recipe. She said they were extremely easy and shared her recipe which I quickly snatched up. Then I forgot where I put it.

When Jared asked, I went on the hunt for that recipe. After about 10 minutes of searching my laptop and external drive (which won't open now but that's another story for another day) I finally found the recipe so I went into the kitchen and made some. Oh boy am I glad I did! They are awesome!!

I grabbed a pan and went to town. Now at the time I was at Deb and Grady's and they drink 1% milk so that's what I used. Let me tell you, you couldn't tell a difference, they were that good!

The longest part was waiting for the butter to melt... seriously. But once it melted they zoomed right along.

Bring to a boil. I'll tell you the minute it started to boil, I set a time for 3 minutes. By the 2 minute mark it hit the full rolling boil so it worked out perfectly. I made them the next day and ran down stairs to the basement for a minute. When I came back up it was at a medium boil so the 2 minutes was fine.

Deb said there are 2 hints you need to take into account (remember I really hadn't made these before)
  1. Use either stick butter or oleo. If you use the soft stuff in the tub it won't work. But as long as it is stick, it should work
  2. Let it come to a boil. For some reason if you don't they don't set up or something. I don't know, I let it come to a boil.

Once it has been 2 minutes you remove it from the heat, add the vanilla, oats, and peanut butter. I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter so this was a good amount for me truthfully. In fact, some of them asked if there was even butter in there. Yes, yes there is. 1 cup in fact. I think peanut butter really is only good on toast or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. sad but true.

Then you just plop them into piles and let them cool. That's the toughest part... waiting for them to cool!

Pretty much the minute they are cool, they are ready to eat. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. They were so good I made another batch the next day, but shhhhh don't tell my diet that!

And that my friends is a No Bake Cookie. Yum! I still heard it is in bad taste to say yum but when it is so good, how can you resist?

After I ate these, I may have been on a little bit of a sugar high and bounced to the door to greet a friend. I may or may not have scared this person too... I hope not! This friend shall remain nameless in case I scared them, you know to protect their identity 😁.

png photo name_zps86dee27d.png

Labels: , , , , , , , ,