The Original Gringos {Webb City, MO}


Did you know that yesterday was Taco Tuesday? It was also National Taco Day (Oct. 4). What does that mean? Well obviously you need to have Tacos for dinner. I guess lunch would have sufficed or better yet, both meals! :). My friend Jody met me at Gringos in Webb City for dinner. We know the owner and he came and talked to us a little bit. I mentioned how crazy it was to get into the parking lot just to park and he said that it's typically like that on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

Tuesdays there is a special for 2 Tacos since it is after all Taco Tuesday. Friday's the special is Taco Salad. I'm not sure what was Saturday's draw. I didn't pay attention to the menu I guess.

Here's the thing though, someone asked on Jody's Facebook where the best place in Joplin is to get Tacos and we were like Webb City. That would be Webb City Gringos in case you wondered. It really is.

These tacos are awesome. I personally like crunchy tacos. The cheese is partially the whole reason for the taco but truthfully, the tacos are awesome. And my drink. I know you can't see it but if you're wondering what it is... Brown Sugar Sweet Tea. Yes, Brown Sugar Sweet Tea. The only place in town to serve it. Yum!

If it hadn't been Taco Tuesday and/or National Taco day, my food of choice is this... Waffle Nachos. It's everything on Nachos but on Waffle Fries.

So what am I telling you? Go. Eat. Here. NOW! You can thank me later!!

png photo name_zps86dee27d.png

Labels: , , , , ,